Pulte House #1 Buy Back
The home owners, Jim & Martha Blackstone, closed on their Pulte home on June 20, 1997 and immediately began to have lots of problems with their Pulte home.
Pulte House #1 Buy Back in 1998
Jim Blackstone http://blackstoneversuspulte.com/
HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THIS? ISN'T THIS AGAINST THE LAW, OR IS PULTE ABOVE THE LAW?
Click here to read an excerpt from my limited warranty where Pulte states that they do not warrant the habitability of the homes that they sell.
Has Pulte violated your consumer rights? If so CLICK HERE to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, or send them an e-mail at
Bienvenidos Amigos en Puerto Rico y Mexico. Clic aqui' traduscar este' website a EspaÃ±ol.
Click here to read a letter from S.C. Senator Fritz Hollings. In this letter he mentions his concern about how companies trick unknowing individuals into resolving conflicts through binding arbitration. That's exactly what happened to us Senator Hollings. Thank you for having the guts to tell it like it is. I admire that about you.
$250 REWARD - Click here for details.
- Click here to read contradictory testimony under oath at arbitration where Pulte's Division Manager actually said: "no representative of Pulte had seen any leaking in the basement whatsoever". The TRUTH is that at least 10 Pulte employees saw leaking in the Blackstones' basement! Is this perjury? Is Pulte above the law?
- Quote of the day from Pulte's basement waterproofer at arbitration:
- Q: " Whenever you install a foundation drain system, you're obligated to meet whatever requirements are imposed by the applicable building codes?
- A: When they enforce them, yes.
- Q: When they enforce them?
- A: Yes. Some counties don't inspect drains. We do our drains the same in every county.
- Q: So if they don't inspect it, you can ignore whatever the building code requires?
- A: If you want to stay in business, you can do what you wan to. You know, you can avoid any problems by, you know, skirting by, doing the least possible. "
- Below is a classic quote at arbitration from Pulte's Mike Bartels when asked about the moisture (water) in the Blackstones' basement.
- Q: "And that doesn't meet Pulte Home Corporation building industry standards does it?
- A: Moisture in a basement? I think if you refer back to the Pulte Protection Plan, I can't keep moisture out of a basement nor do I warrant that I can.
- Q: You say your basement's not going to leak, right?"
Are you suing Pulte? Be sure to ask for treble damages under the Unfair Trade Practices Act if applicable. CLICK HERE to lean more about what constitutes an unfair trade practice in S.C.
This Website contains scanned images, evidence, and testimony from our binding arbitration with Pulte Homes of South Carolina, Inc. (Pulte). Our goal is to present the facts, no opinions, and help homeowners with solutions to their problems and alert as many people as possible about the dangers of binding arbitration. Please look at the facts & come to your own conclusions about Pulte!
Check out the January 2000 issue of SmartMoney Magazine that mentions our ordeal w/ Pulte. The article is called "Ten Things Your Home Builder Won't Tell You", by Terry Noland. Our arbitration is mentioned in section 7 titled "Good luck suing me".
Click on the links below to see:
Click on the house for a larger picture.
Does your home have TOXIC MOLD PROBLEMS? Our Pulte home does due to the water intrusion caused by Pulte's faulty construction of our house. CLICK HERE to see the biological inspection report from an air quality expert.
Pulte Trivia Question: what was the income of Pulte's C.E.O. in 1998? Click here to find out!
Click Here to send a fax to your Senator to oppose The Class Action "Fairness" Act of 1999 (S. 353). Class action lawsuits are an important tool that help to protect citizens from unsafe products and irresponsible corporate behavior.
CLICK HERE to read TESTIMONY UNDER OATH in our arbitration w/ Pulte.
1. Introduction and Background
2. Inspection Reports, You won't believe these!
3. Pulte's Divulgence of Confidential Information. Is this legal?
4. Pulte's Proposal to Use a Dummy Lease Agreement
5. Pulte's Refusal to Pay Closing Costs as Agreed
6. Richmond Homes in the Neighborhood
7. Pulte's refusal to provide a washer & dryer as agreed.
8. Pulte's Refusal to Provide a Fence as Agreed
9. Pulte's Refusal to Provide Fescue Sod as Agreed
10. Pulte's Assurance that they would "take care of us".
11. LEAKY BASEMENT, NOT CONDENSATION!!!
12. Leaky Crawl Space: Crack in the Crawl Space Wall/Footing
13. Leaky Crawl Space: Form Boards Cemented into Foundation
14. Revocation of Termite Bond
15. Chimney Code Violations, DANGER!!! DANGER!!!!
16. Exterior Load Bearing Wall Built on Gravel, NO KIDDING!
17. Inadequate Insulation, Code Violations
18. Defective Septic System, WHAT A LOVELY SMELL!
19. Pulte's Refusal to Aerate and Re-seed Backyard as Agreed
20. Replace Front Sidewalk
21. Uneven Ceiling in Great Room and Bonus Room
22. Improperly Located Attic Access Door
23. Bowed Roof Trusses, Wavy Roof.
24. Pulte's Allegation: The Blackstones denied us access.
25. Pulte's Refusal to replace water damaged property.
26. Dispute over Pulte's Warranty Obligations
27. The Blackstones' Post Hearing Brief & Legal Arguments
28. Pulte's Post Hearing Brief
29. Contradictory Testimony Under Oath
30. The Arbitration Decision?????????
31. Index of Attendees
32. Testimony at Arbitration (Court Reporter's Transcripts)
33. Exhibit & Evidence Index. How did we lose?
34. EVIDENCE NOT PRESENTED AT ARBITRATION!!!!!
35. Legal Notice
36. INTERACTIVE PULTE DATABASE!!!!
37. Can the arbitrator's decision be appealed?
38. LINKS! Think it's an isolated incident? Think again!
39. Contact Us!