Support HOBB - Become a Sustaining Member
|Register Your Builder Complaint
Please let us know what has happened to you, and let us know if you would like to help us make buying new houses safer.
Tell us your story.
|posted 9 October 2005 15:17 CET
Hi, I am a Pioneer Homeowner who has been dealing with not only construction defects but corporation run around. I am looking for all MHI homeonwers to include, Pioneer, Plantation and Conventry Homeowners to join me in a meeting about resolving problems and coming to together to speak up. If you are interested in having your voice heard please contact me at email@example.com. Please help me by showing support and coming to a meeting. I look forward to seeing a resolution.
|posted 6 October 2005 16:36 CET
Taylor Building Corporation of Kentucky aka Taylor Homes
We also put up our own website
TaylorHomes-ripoff.com Taylor sued in 6th District Federal Court and we're hoping for a summary judgement any day now. That would let us get our website back up where Taylor had forced it down . The suit is Taylor Bldg Corp vs Benfield and the judge is Judge Susan Dalott.
Taylor also filed foreclosure on our property where we've lived since bought it and move in in January 1969. MOLD MOLD MOLD - The crawl space is built entirely wrong and it's full of mold. The mold is also up in the house proper. The house has sat unfinished since construction was halted in July 2003. Construction materials were first delivered in March 2003. Floor joists are held in place by a single 16 penny nail - Floor joists are cut and left hanging - The rafters are not laterally supported as required by the engineer specs - The brick fireplace hearth is built directly on the wooden subfloor with absolutely no support underneath - bathroom vents empty into the attic - There's not enough ventilation in the crawlspace - The crawlspace ground is uneven and BELOW the grade of the surrounding ground - there are big holes of standing water down there - the foundation was not sealed - the so-called insulation which was supposedly put on the walls of the crawlspace was left fallen on the ground and in the water puddles- the so called vapor barrier in the crawl space is just scrap pieces of clear builders plastic thrown where ever - Taylor left a big plumbing and septic hole open and uncovered through which water poured into the crawlspace - the heating and a/c pipes are in the crawlspace and they're hanging open - the heating contractor cut a floor joist and left it hanging and unsupported - Taylor sold us a certain size and style of Anderson Windows BUT INSTALLED a smaller size and cheaper model and when we complained they said that the model numbers we had meant NOTHING and it was not until after we went on Anderson Windows' website and printed off the proof positive that they even consented to replace the windows - they just ripped them out and stuck the new ones in and reused the torn, etc Tyvek wrap without taping. The windows were not flashed as required for Anderson window's warranty - We paid EXTRA for Leaf Guard Gutters and Taylor absolutely refused to install them, instead they put a little screen in the gutters - there is no space behind the brick and/or it's filled with mortar . The mortar was put in with their fingers (we have pictures of the fingerprints) - The brick overhangs the foundation by over half the width of the brick and the whole West wall is out of vertical alignment (you can see it waving in and out) - The siding above the brick is hanging off the house because it was not fastened properly - There are large leaks inside the house along the outside walls and there are leaks over the fireplace - there are holes that go clear through to the outside on both sides of the back
door in the garage - The trim around the garage door is incomplete ( the old dirty wood around the garage door is not covered - They substituted 28 gage brick ties which are half the thickness of the required 22 gage brick ties - Taylor has a contract which includes mandatory binding arbitration - they also have a "buy back" guarantee BUT they don't have to honor it if you've signed a "change order" - Our first change order was signed at the very same time we signed the original contract and it really didn't have to be a change order because all it was listing was which way we wanted the garage door to open, etc. - Their buy back guarantee would also let them steal our 3.28 plus acres for only $9,500 plus we would then have to pay ALL their legal fees etc. IT's THEFT NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT -
Taylor's good at the Bait 'n Switch - They bring in unskilled workers and then don't adequately supervise them. They are a scattered site builder and advertise that they will build on your lot, but they will throw anything up because they think they're untouchable. They are a privately owned corporation owned by Eric and Chris Taylor and they're headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky.
|posted 5 October 2005 00:20 CET
|posted 2 October 2005 12:02 CET
This house was built by Dennis Godshall of Harleysville, PA.
|posted 1 October 2005 17:36 CET
The new mantra for quality standards?
How lousy can we make and sell a product, legally?
|posted 30 September 2005 23:26 CET
Princeton Classic Homes aka Legend Homes in Houston Texas is a terrible builder.
Original Business Start Date: 01/01/91
Principal: Mike Wilkinson, President
Phone Number: 281-671-9000
Fax Number: 281-671-9057
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site Address: www.princetonclassichomes.com
Terrible builders!!!! Poured our patio twice and it is still not right. water sits at our back door when it rains. Pour driveway again and ran out of concrete. GO figure!! Painted and mortared bricks over clumps of mud. Now mortar coming off and there are large holes in between brick. TRCC states that is something I should have seen during my walk thru. Large bulges in wall. Master shower leaked. Promised R38 insulation only received R30. Chris T. stated he would have it blown in the attic. Never did. Just another lie in this nightmare. This is suppose to be an upper line home. How about an upper over priced problem. We were told it was a QUALITY HOME WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL. How about a shoddy home with attention to defects
Buyer beware of Legend Homes aka Princeton Classic Homes out of the Houston Texas
|posted 30 September 2005 10:52 CET
roof; there is a leak that is going through the gourage. we are having it fix. maronda did a rsh job. there is nails sticking out and water is going through. please call i will sumit the paper work
|posted 29 September 2005 15:25 CET
I am the owner of one of the units in three building structures which have defective ABTco siding. Our Homeowners Association submitted a claim to the ABTco Siding Claims Program in Portland, OR in August, 2004. After many unecessary delays and mis-management of our claim we have finally received a settlement offer from Louisiana Pacific. The offer is totally inadequate at a total of $2,000 for approximately 9,000 square feet of siding that must be replaced. Our siding is 8 years into a 25 year warranty so can appreciate some reduction for its age --- but a $2,000 offer is absolutely ridiculous. All of the delays are only resulting in further damage to sub-structures behind the siding.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who is having similar problems with their ABTco wood composite siding. And, more to the point, what they did to collect a fair settlement.
|J. P. BLALOCK
|posted 29 September 2005 09:11 CET
MY FAMILY AND I PURCHASED A LOT IN AN APPROVED SUBDIVISION IN HAMILTON CNTY. AFTER WE PAID IT OFF, WE SIGNED A BUILDING CONTRACT WITH LESTER SANDIDGE, SANDIDGE CONST.(A BUILDER THAT HAS BEEN BUILDING FOR 50 YRS & IT WAS HIS SUBDIVISON) FOR A 3 BEDROOM HOME. MY HUSBAND & MYSELF GOT A CONSTRUCTION LOAN WITH SUNTRUST BANK. WE BROKE GROUND AROUND 12-03. OUR HOUSE WAS TO BE COMPLETED IN 8 MONTHS (JULY 04). WELL THE MIDDLE OF SEPT. LESTER TOLD ME TO GO FILL OUT THE 10 DAY LETTER OF COMPLETION. WE WERE TRYING TO GET THINGS IN ORDER TO CLOSE ON THE CONST LOAN. OUR BUILDER INVITED US TO MOVE IN OCT, WE HAD GAS, WATER, AND TEMP POWER. WE KNEW THERE WAS AN ISSUE WITH THE SEPTIC TANK. OUR BUILDER HAD FILED A VARIANCE REQUEST TO HAMILTON CTY BECAUSE HE HAD GOT TO CLOSE TO THE ROAD WITH THE FIELD LINE. THE COUNTY DENIED IT, LESTER THEN APPEALED TO THE STATE TDEC. HE TOLD US THAT HE HAD TO GO IN FRONT OF A JUDGE, THAT ALL THE OTHER HOUSES IN THE SUBDIVISION WERE THE SAME WAY AND THE HAD GRANTED A VARIANCE. SO WE MOVED IN WITH TEMP POWER. MY HUSBAND THEN CALLED THE COUNTY HEALTH DEPT TO INQUIRE HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE FOR THE VARIANCE, THEY SAID IT WAS IN THE STATES HANDS, AND GAVE US THAT PHONE #. MY HUSBAND THEN CALLED LARRY MATTHEWS (TDEC). HE SHOUTED"YOUR BUILDER COMMITTED FRAUD AND WE COULD CONDEMN YOUR HOUSE!!" HE ACTED AS IF WE KNEW OUR BUILDER SIGNED PERMITS AND AFFIDAVITS FOR A 1 BEDROOM. MY HUSBAND STATED WE SIGNED A CONST CONTRACT FOR A 3 BED HOUSE. WE WITHHELD THE LAST DRAW ON OUR CONST LOAN $12,300. THAT LESTER SAID WE OWED HIM. WE SAID IF HE WOULD MAKE THE STATE TDEC HAPPY AND GIVE US SOME OF THE LOT NEXT TO US FOR NEEDED FIELD LINE FOR A 3 BED HOUSE, WE WOULD GLADLY GIVE HIM THE MONEY. HE SAID NO, THAT WE COULD BUY IT FROM HIM. HE THEN TURNED OUR POWER OFF FOR 2 DAYS, KNOWING MY FAMILY WAS IN IT, AND SAID HE WILL NOT HELP US DO A DAMN THING IF WE DON'T GIVE HIM THE MONEY. THEN I WENT DOWN TO THE INSPECTION OFFICE TO GET COPIES OF THE PERMITS & INQUIRE ABOUT THE INSPECTIONS THAT HAD BEEN DONE. I WAS TOLD WE NEVER HAD AN ELECTRICAL INSP, AND OUR GAS HAD FAILED TWICE. WE HAD OUR ELECTRICIAN FIX EVERYTHING, AND WE GOT OUR OWN TEMP POWER POLE, & PUT EVERY UTILITY INTO OUR NAME. WE RETAINED AN ATTORNEY.
JAN-05 WE HAD INSPECTORS COME OUT- EVERYTHING FAILED EXCEPT PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL. THE COUNTY LET US GET TEMP PERMINANT POWER BECAUSE OF THE SITUATION THAT WE WERE IN.
COME TO FIND OUT:
OUR HOUSE SHOULD NEVER GOTTEN THIS FAR ,THE HAMILTON CNTY INSPECTORS FAILED THEN 1 WEEK LATER PASSED ROUGH IN INSPECTIONS 3-04,WHICH IN JAN 05 FAILED AGAIN. THE THINGS THAT FAILED IN 3-04 WERE MAJOR STRUCTRAL DEFECTS, BUSTED FOUNDATION WALL, MANY FRAMING ERRORS. THEY PASSED INSPECTIONS WITH THINGS NOT EVEN INSTALLED.
-HAMILTON CNTY WAS THEN ADDED TO MY LAWSUIT.
CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS AS OF 7-5-05:
1. EVERYTHING LISTED ON INSPECTION TAGS AND PAPERWORK
2. EVERYTHING LISTED ON ICR ENGINEERS INC. REPORT.
3. EVERYTHING LISTED ON PILLAR TO POST?S REPORT.
4. TWO VERTICAL STRESS CRACKS IN FOUNDATION WALL.
5. BUSTED FOUNDATION WALL GOING DOWN THE STEPS TO BASEMENT WAS BUSTED AND NOT FIXED PROPERLY. CRACKS BIG ENOUGH TO FIT YOUR HAND AND FINGERS IN. THIS HAS CAUSED CRACKS IN GARAGE FLOOR.
6. HOLES AND OPENINGS IN FOUNDATION WALL TO CRAWL SPACE.
7. EXPOSED AND UNFILLED BLOCK AT BOTH DOOR ENTRANCES.
8. EXPOSED EARTH UNDER STEPS.
9. PLYWOOD BOARD PLACED TO HOLD BACK BACKFILL GRAVEL FROM GARAGE.
10. SINGLE GARAGE DOOR IN BASEMENT NOT FRAMED UP PROPERLY. OPENING AT TOP.
11. BASEMENT FLOOR HAS A HOLE IN THE SLAB, WHERE THEY POURED CONCRETE AROUND A SUPPORT POST.
12. NO WATERPROOFING ON THE BASEMENT WALLS.
13. NO VENTS IN CRAWL SPACE.
14. NO MOISTURE BARRIER IN CRAWL SPACE.
15. MOLD GROWING AND MOLD DAMAGE TO PERSONAL BELONGINGS.
16. NO ACCESS DOOR TO CRAWL SPACE, SOME TYPE OF BOARD WAS NAILED FROM THE INSIDE OF CRAWL SPACE SEEN FROM THE OUTSIDE. NO BLOCK WAS LAID UNDERNEATH THIS OPENING.
17. INSUFFICIENT SUPPORT WALLS IN THE BASEMENT. STUDS ARE BOWING OUT. THIS HAS CAUSED THE MAIN FLOOR TO SAG IN GREATROOM AND HALLWAY.
18. INSUFFICIENT CONCRETE FORM BUILT TO HOLD UP CONCRETE OF THE GARAGE CAUSING CRACK IN GARAGE FLOOR.
19. BUSTED WALL WAS COVERED WITH BOARD AND A TEMPORARY HANDRAIL MADE OF 2 2X4'S.
20. ENTRANCE DOOR HAS NO CASING.
1. MULTIPLE CRACKS IN FLOOR.
2. SIDE GARAGE DOOR HAS NO CASING.
3. CONCRETE SPLATTERS ALL OVER SHEETROCK.
INTERIOR OF HOUSE
1. NO DOOR BELL. IT WAS WIRED FOR ONE, BUT WIRES WHERE COVERED UP.
A WIRELESS DOORBELL WAS PUT UP, BUT FELL AND BROKE.
2. HARDWOOD FLOORS NAIL HOLES NOT FILLED THROUGHOUT HOUSE IN FOYER, HALLS, STUDY, DINING ROOM, AND GREATROOM.
3. HARDWOOD FLOORS HAVE UNEVEN EDGES AND UNFINISHED LOOK AT DOORWAYS.
4. HARDWOOD FLOORS HAVE PAINT DROPPINGS IN STUDY, FOYER, DINING AND GREAT ROOM.
5. 1 INCH TRIM PLACED ABOVE SEVERAL DOORS CASINGS THROUGHOUT HOUSE, WHERE THEY DIDN?T SHEETROCK DOWN TO DOOR CASINGS. SOME HAVE HOLES ABOVE DOOR CASINGS.
1. VENT REGISTER BROKEN AND NOT FLUSH WITH FLOOR.
1. VENT REGISTER NOT FLUSH WITH FLOOR.
2. EXPOSED SINK PIPED NOT PROPERLY TRIMMED OUT.
3. PAINT ERROR ON CEILING.
4. HOLES IN WALL, WHERE SOMEONE HANGING TOWEL HOOK MADE A MISTAKE. HOLES NOT FILLED OR PAINTED.
1. PAINT ERRORS ON TRIM.
1. PAINT ERRORS ON TRIM
HALLWAY TO MASTER BD
1. TRIM NOT PAINTED IN FINISHED COAT.
1. UNEVEN WALL BEHIND COUNTER. YOU CAN PLACE YOUR FINGERS BETWEEN THE WALL AND COUNTER.
2. SLOPING FLOOR AND HUMP IN FLOOR NEAR WINDOWS AND PATIO DOOR.
3. SAGGING CEILING ABOVE PATIO DOOR.
4. BAR CORNER NOT TEXTURED LIKE ALL THE OTHER WALLS, AND CORNER PORTION MISSING PAINT.
5. DOOR TO PATIO IS UNEVEN, INSTALLED IMPROPERLY, VERY HARD TO OPEN, CLOSE, AND LOCK.
1. CAN LIGHTS NOT FLUSH TO CEILING.
2. 1 CAN LIGHT HAS A BIG GAP IN SHEETROCK AROUND IT.
3. FIREPLACE TRIM NOT INSTALLED.
4. TRIM ABOVE FIREPLACE IN TV AREA, NOT PAINTED AT ALL.
5. PAINT ERRORS ON CEILING.
6. FRENCH DOORS HARD TO OPEN, CLOSE, AND LOCK. WEATHERSTRIPPING NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY.
7. SAGGING IN THE CEILING.
MASTER BEDROOM (#1)
1. UNEVEN FLOOR IN THE ENTRANCE WAY.
2. CAN LIGHTS NOT FLUSH WITH CEILING.
3. SHEETROCK NAILS ARE VISIBLE BUT PAINTED ABOVE ONE CLOSET DOOR.
4. MASTER BATH, HAS PAINT DROPPINGS AND TILE AND TUB.
5. NO CAULK AROUND TUB OR SHOWER.
6. GAP IN SHEETROCK ABOVE SHOWER STALL.
7. GAP IN SHEETROCK AROUND LIGHT SWITCH IN TOILET ROOM.
8. SEVERAL PAINT ERROR ON WALLS AND TRIM.
9. CAN LIGHTS OVER TUB NOT FLUSH WITH CEILING.
10. ONE CLOSET LIGHT STILL THROWS THE BREAKER CAUSING LOSS OF POWER TO MASTER BEDROOM.
11. LARGE HOLE IN FLOOR AROUND PLUMBING TO THE JET TUB, ALLOWING BUGS AND AIR IN FROM BASEMENT.
HAYLEE?S ROOM (#2)
1. LIGHT AND FAN SWITCH INSTALLED BACKWARDS.
FALYN?S ROOM (#3)
1. CLOSET LIGHT SWITCH UPSIDE DOWN.
GIRLS FULL BATH
1. SHEET ROCK MUD ON SIDES ON BATH/SHOWER UNIT.
2. GAP IN SHEETROCK ABOVE SHOWER.
3. NO CAULK AROUND BATH/SHOWER UNIT.
1. CASING ON ATTIC DOOR MISSING.
2. CRACK IN FLOOR IN THE ENTRANCE TO BASEMENT.
3. NO HAND RAILS.
4. YOU CAN SEE DIRECTLY INTO THE GUTTERS, ALLOWING LEAVES AND BIRDS IN.
5. ONE SUPPORT (KING POST) NOT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING UP TOP.
6. CAN SEE DAYLIGHT IN SEVERAL AREAS.
7. MULTIPLE FRAMING ERRORS, PER REPORTS AND INSPECTIONS.
EXTERIOR OF HOUSE
1. FRONT PORCH STEPS SEPARATING FROM PORCH.
2. SHUTTERS INSTALLED IMPROPERLY WITH SHEETROCK NAILS INTO BRICK, CAUSING THEM TO COME LOOSE, ONE HAS FALLEN OFF. ONE SHUTTER ON PORCH WAS INSTALLED UPSIDE DOWN.
3. TRIM MISSING ON BOTH ENDS OF PORCH.
4. TRIM MISSING IN BACK CORNER OF HOUSE, WHICH SHOWS
5. NO HOUSE WRAP/ WATER PROOFING BETWEEN WOOD & BRICK.
6. LONG HORIZONAL CRACK IN BRICK MORTER JOINT OFF OF BACK PORCH.
7. BACK PORCH NOT SCREENED IN.
8. NO SCREEN DOOR ON BACK PORCH.
9. FAN ON BACK PORCH MISSING GLOBE AND DECORATIVE TRIM.
10. SINGLE GARAGE DOOR TO BASEMENT DISCOLORED & MISSING PAINT
11. RUSTED LENTAL PEICES USED TO HOLD BRICK UP ABOVE BOTH GARAGE DOORS, EXTERIOR DOORS, AND WINDOWS CAUSING RUST STAINS ON WINDOWS AND TRIM.
12. VERTICAL BRICK MOTER CRACKS ON BOTH ENDS OF DOUBLE GARAGE DOOR. (GARAGE HEADER FAILED ROUGH IN INSPECTION.
13. TRIM AROUND GARAGE DOORS, EXTERIOR DOORS, AND ABOVE BRICK, STAINED RED/ORANGE.
14. DRIVEWAY HAS A CRACK ALL THE WAY ACROSS IT.
15. NO GRAVEL UNDERNEATH DRIVEWAY, SIDEWALK, AND BACK PORCH.
16. GUTTER JOINTS LEAK AND ARE NOT PROPERLY SEALED.
17. WINDOWS AND SIDING HAVE NO SILICONE BEADING AROUND THEM.
18. FRONT YARD HAS SINK HOLES.
19. NO LANDSCAPING WAS DONE.
20. BACKYARD DRAINAGE DITCH NEVER CLEANED OUT.
IF I ONLY KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW....MY ADVICE KNOW IS TO TRUST NO ONE!!!!!
-IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LOT OR HOUSE IN HAMILTON COUNTY ,IN AN APPROVED SUBDIVISION THAT IS ON SEPTIC TANK, EVEN THOUGH THE PLAT SAYS YOU CAN HAVE 3 BEDS GO TO THE HEALTH DEPT AND ASK ABOUT IT. ASK FOR YOU BUILDING & SEPTIC PERMITS. I HAVE FOUND OUT OTHER BUILDERS ARE LYING ABOUT # OF BEDROOMS, SO THEY CAN BUILD BIGGER HOUSES ON SMALLER LOTS, LISTING THEM WITH REAL ESTATE AGENTS FOR 5 & 6 BED HOUSES. THE COUNTY IS LETTING THEM LIE ABOUT IT, THEY STATED"WE CAN'T CALL THE BUILDERS LIERS" THEY DON'T LOOK AT HOUSE PLANS, THEY DON'T WALK INTO YOUR HOUSES TO SEE HOW MANY BEDROOMS. THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A BEDROOM IS!! THEY STATE "YOU CAN HAVE 2 BEDS & 10 STUDIES, NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED" BUT THE STATE TDEC, LARRY MATTHEWS DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY. THE COUNTY MAKES BUILDERS SIGN AFFIDAVITS, THEY KNEW MY BUILDER COMMITTED FRAUD 7-04 AND HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO HIM. SO THE AFFIDAVITS MEAN NOTHING!!!!
-CAN'T TRUST YOUR INSPECTORS TO DO THEIR JOBS EITHER!!! HIRE YOUR OWN INSPECTOR TO COME INSPECT THROUGHOUT CONSTRUCTION.
-CAN'T TRUST YOUR BANK INSPECTORS- THEY JUST LOOK FOR PROGRESS, THEY DON'T LOOK TO MAKE SURE INSPECTIONS HAVE PASSED.
-IN FEB 05, FILED A COMPLAINT TO TN LICENSING BOARD ABOUT MY BUILDER, IT TOOK 7 MONTHS TO GET SOMEONE OUT HERE TO LOOK AT MY HOUSE, STILL NO WORD ON WHEN THE HEARING WILL BE.
AS FOR MY FAMILY WE HAVE A COURT DATE COMING UP FINALLY, HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO THRU. WE ARE STILL LIVING IN OUR LEGALLY UNINHABITABLE HOUSE. WE ARE STILL PAYING INTEREST ONLY ON OUR CONST LOAN, AND ARE GOING IN DEBT PAYING ATTORNEY FEES.
|posted 28 September 2005 06:35 CET
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Dan Pittsford. My wife (Kristel) and I had the misfortune to buy a house from a builder by the name of Newmark.
The saga began on May 18, 2005. I met a salesperson by the name of Pat Murphey. I started the conversation with him by stating that my wife and I were preapproved by Texas Mortgage Connection for a $200,000.00 loan.
We had found a house we liked that was about half finished. Pat stated that the house would be finished by July 1, 2005. We made an offer that Newmark accepted. When we went into sign additional paperwork, Pat wanted us to sign a document that if we don’t use Newmark financing then the price of the house would go up $5,000.00. This was a deal breaker for us because as stated previously we were preapproved at a rather low interest rate. When we decided to back out, Pat coerced us into signing the document by stating that if we can’t get you a better deal then you can use Texas Mortgage Connection and not pay the additional $5,000.00.
We made an application for a loan online and were called a few days later by Chyna Sinclear. She stated that we had some credit issues and that she would have to broker this loan out. I said no thanks, we would use out preapproved status. Ms. Sinclear then threatened us with the $5,000.00 increase. We then got a call from Joe McCoy who offered us the loan at 8.5% Mr. McCoy also threatened us with penalties as did Pat Murphey’s boss.
My wife and I are expecting a baby. My wife and I were both stressed out. Her blood sugar was elevated flirting with gestational diabetes, and I began to have chest pain. At this point, I went to see Janice Arteaga at Texas Mortgage Connection who called Newmark. She reinstated my previous application, and on July 19, 2005 was approved through the VA automated loan program. I called Joe McCoy to let him know that I would not be using Charter Funding and that I was going back to my original loan broker. Joe McCoy got very upset and stated that he had worked very hard in clearing my credit issues. This conversation again upset my wife and I.
After Janice Arteaga got involved, the stress lessened. She did inform me that Chyna Sinclear and Joe McCoy were both without a license to broker.
Newmark seemed to quit working on the house at this point. The finish date came and passed without completion. We finally closed the house on August 31, 2005 but not before two rushed final walkthroughs. The superintendent let the grass and two trees die in the interim. The final walk through started with the superintendent stating that the painter in on his way over. After we closed I discovered that they had (1) sheet rocked over an AC vent, (2) had a malfunctioning dryer vent, and (3) the gas line was not connected to the furnace.
After they cut a hole in the ceiling, the repair and pain don’t match. As of this date, we are still not satisfied. Newmark has left the area, and a different superintendent has contacted me.
I had heard that building a house had some hassles but certainly did not know it would be a nightmare. I wonder how many families give into the Newmarks and don’t have an advocate like Janice Arteaga. I would like to see Newmark penalized to prevent them from treating other customers this way.
Dan R. Pittsford
|posted 23 September 2005 21:31 CET
My husband and I are building a home with Maronda in SW Florida. Although we have been waiting 18 months for them to finally begin, we have been happy with the person who sold us the home. she sends photos every two weeks with updates on the progress. We presently live in Ma. which makes it almost impossible to follow the actual construction phases on site. Does anyone have any complaints about Maronda that I should be particularly aware of? Thank you so much.
|posted 18 September 2005 18:41 CET
DR Horton is turning my home building experience into a nightmare. I had been SO excited about my home purchase, this will be my first home! I'm aware I'm on the 'young' side of the first time homebuyer spectrum however DR Horton is insistant on building the house the way THEY want to, completely ignoring any of our agreements and the contract. They totally refuse to honor their agreement. They aren't even putting in the upgrades I have paid for. Has anybody else had any issues w/DR Horton refusing to keep their word?
I'm seriously considering chalking my $3k in earnest money up as a loss and walking away from the deal.
|posted 17 September 2005 12:05 CET
Very interesting Wilson 2207. I wonder if this could happen in our litigation against our production builder?
Such a shame that this heartache happens to home buyers that believe in fair dealing and expect a product that is represented to them.
|posted 17 September 2005 11:10 CET
Post subject: Again, alleged dishonesty. Truth waits patiently.
Insurance Company Seeks Declaratory Judgment that it is not obligated to Defend Beazer Homes in Fraudulent Home Sales
Attorney Case Information | Case ID: 4102 | Insurance | 12/27/2004
A class action lawsuit has been filed in the Southern District Court of Indiana against Beazer Homes Investment Corporation, Inc. Hanover Insurance Company seeks a declaration that the it is not obligated or required to defend and indemnify Beazer Homes as an insurer because of Beazer's alleged fraudulent activity.
Specifically, the complaint alleges that the Hanover Insurance Company entered into an agreement to provide insurance to Beazer Homes. However, it was later discovered that the homeowners who purchased homes from Beazer brought a lawsuit claiming that Beazer:
• Made fraudulent representations to homeowners regarding the quality, standard and grade of the model homes the plaintiffs purchased
• Made incorrect or false representations concerning the amount of their monthly payments for the homes
• Breached the agreement of sale because the homes contained defects
• Made various representations of warranty
• Breached implied warranties of habitability and fitness in that the homes that were purchased were not habitable or were in defective condition
Because of the alleged dishonesty on the part of Beazer, Hanover seeks to void the insurance relationship.
|Elizabeth Renz & Donald Renz
|posted 17 September 2005 08:56 CET
Brighton Homes a k. Hovnanian Co.
Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc.
November 01, 2005
Fort Bend County Courthouse
Guestbook Home | Get This Guestbook | Get Joomla!
Mambook v2.5. Copyright © 2003-2006 by Saka.